Ogle Madness VII: Sweet 16 Recap
10:45 AM EDT on March 28, 2014
This past week, we ran through the Field of 32 and Sweet 16 in Ogle Madness VII. Here are a few notes:
• About 80% of the participants in our Ogle Madness VII Bracket Challenge still have a chance to win a dinner for eight to LOCAL in Norman. Yes, that's probably due to 70% of our Bracket Challenge participants selecting Emily Sutton or Kevin Durant to win this thing.
• This is the first time in Ogle Madness history that all Number 1-seeds are still alive in the Elite 8.
• The Elite 8 will be posted on Monday and Tuesday. The Final 4 will be held Wednesday and Thursday. The Ogle Madness VII Championship Game will be held on Monday, April 7th.
Here's your recap for the Sweet 16:
(1) Emily Sutton defeated (5) Damon Lane 323-199
OKC Weather Diva Emily Sutton held strong defeating OKC Weather Elf Damon Lane. If she wins this thing it will make her the first three-time Ogle Madness winner in Ogle Madness history. Her award for such an accomplishment? Free dinner and movie with Comedian Joel Decker.
(3) Jessica Schambach defeated (7) Benchwarmers 270-203
As "fun" as voting for a picture of a human using a park bench like a roll of Charmin might be, nothing compares to a vote for J-Sham. Well, almost nothing.
Up Next: (1) Emily Sutton vs. (3) Jessica Schambach
It's every Oklahoman City man's dream. Emily Sutton and Jessica Schambach going at each other... in a silly Oklahoma celebrity tournament.
My Prediction: Emily will get 65% of the vote.
(1) Gary England defeated (4) Marla Morgan 393-254
Despite her desperate attempt to get more votes, Lord Gary handily defeated Marla Morgan. Somewhere, Mike Morgan is drinking with Reed Timmer and crying into a bedazzled weather tie. Somewhere else, Gary England is smoking a cigar and smiling.
(3) Olivia Munn defeated (2) Russell Westbrook 324-274
Some people may think this is an upset, but then again, those people probably forget they are reading The Lost Ogle. 70% of our readers are men. They'll vote for Olivia Munn's everything over RW's frito meniscus wrapped knee any day of the week.
Up Next: (1) Gary England vs. (3) Olivia Munn
This will be a tough one. We have a Weather God versus a girl that appeared topless for a few seconds in Magic Mike.
My Prediction: Sadly, Olivia Munn will get 55% of the vote
(1) Kevin Durant defeated (4) Mike Gundy 468 - 140
"Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard."- Kevin Durant in Thunderstruck.
"I can't believe I agreed to be in this piece of shit."- Everyone else in Thunderstruck.
Still, KD is in the lead for the MVP, stars in his own movie, has his own line of shoes and beat Mike Gundy like a rented mule yesterday. What do you have planned for today?
(6) Lacey Swope defeated (2) Carrie Underwood 386 - 237
Even though Lacey Swope was a 6-seed and Carrie Underwood is an attractive A-list celebrity with millions of fans across the country, I don't see this as an upset. Lacey is the hottest person in this tournament and is tearing up the competition. We'll see what she's made of next week.
Up next: Kevin Durant (1) vs. Lacey Swope (6)
This may be the premier Elite 8 match-up. I think it will come down to the elusive female swing vote. Do they go with the Slim Reaper or Weather Boobs.
My Prediction: KD will squeak by with 51%
(1) Joleen Cheney defeated (4) Non-Chunky Thunder Girls 370 - 224
KFOR news anchor Joleen Cheney beat the "Non-Chunky Thunder Girls." That seems about right. We'd rather have one Joleen than 10 Britneys or Courtneys or whateverneys.
(6) Real Miss Oklahoma defeated (2) Kristen Chenoweth 346 - 247
This wasn't really an upset, so much as a battle of women Comedian Joel Decker will never make out with.
Up Next: (1) Joleen Chaney vs. (6) Real Miss Oklahoma
That match up terrifies me in a good way. We have the hot news babe who can read a teleprompter and has an above-average knowledge of watermelons versus the hot pageant babe who can tap dance or whatever.
My Prediction: Sadly, there are no Joleen Chaney swimsuit pics on the internet. Unless one magically appears, I'm going with the underdog. She'll get 65% of the vote.
Anyway, thanks for all the votes in Ogle Madness. See you next week.
More from The Lost Ogle
Local media tries to will Tacos San Pedro tax credit scandal to life…
Lawmaker annoyed we wrote about her Klan…
She's doing her best to distract people's attention away from the issue.
TLO Bar Review: Lunar Lounge
We strapped the space gear on our newest contributor Sierra and sent her to this out-of-this-world bar in Midtown.