Hoot Industries Trivia Rules
Since 2011, we've hosted over 4,000 trivia nights all across the Oklahoma City metro, so there's a reason why people call Hoot Industries – The Smartest Fun in town.
Here's more about our trivia nights and format.
How Hoot Trivia works and why it is awesome:
• Gather up some friends and form a trivia team! Your team can be as big (or small) as you like.
• Bring your team to any trivia venue below and compete against other teams of friends in a live on-site trivia event.
• After good food and drink, a bunch of trivia questions, and hopefully a couple of laughs in between, the top three teams take prizes.
• We host our trivia matches using a fun and interactive text message format. We also let teams and players vote for some of the question categories. It's wild stuff.
• Our artisanal blend of trivia questions are hand-crafted using only the finest researched ingredients.
• We give hints and stuff like that on Facebook! Follow us on the links below for that!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How much does it cost?
A: It’s free. Hence the name Free Team Trivia.
Q: What's up with the new trivia format?
A: As opposed to writing down answers on a sheet of paper and bringing them to us to grade, teams simply designate a captain and text us their responses. We’ve also added a speed element where we give bonus points to the first team the sends in a correct answer.
Q: How many players can be on team?
A: There’s no minimum or maximum. The only rule is that everyone on a team has to be at the same table. On average, team sizes generally range between 4 – 8 people. Also, it’s not the size of the team that matters, but the way you use them.
Q: What types of questions do you ask?
A: We ask a mixed-bag of trivia questions, ranging from traditional categories like geography and history, to topics like entertainment, sex, current events and pop culture. We also have themed rounds that our teams vote to choose.
Q: How long does it take?
A: About two hours or so.
Q: Can’t people just use their mobile devices?
A: We try abide by the honors system, but if you see a team cheating, please let us know.
Q: Do you guys host trivia for private parties or events?
A: Sure we do. Contact us for more information.